Thursday, April 26, 2012

Family

A very small family, just mother and son.
Our hair is brushed and our Sunday best on.
“Get ready to smile, on the count of three.”
Our first family photo, my baby and me.

The family is growing, and I’m all in white.
My groom by the bishop, I smile at the sight.
I walk towards the altar, my loved ones all stand.
 “Please take each other by the right hand.”

Pictures are snapped, congrats all around.
To the man that I love, I’m eternally bound.
We pick up the baby; we stand side by side,
we’re now prepared for one heck of a ride.

Suitcases are packed and ready to go.
As we say our goodbyes, it starts to snow.
“Families with children please board the plane.”
So much left behind, so much more still to gain.



 A bigger family now, a girl and two boys,
learning to share their games and their toys.
Laughing and learning, together they play.
Watching them grow with each passing day.

A new family photo, in white and in red,
all happy and smiling. With that being said,
we all are still growing, into what is untold.
The end of our stories, we have yet to unfold

No comments:

Post a Comment